I’ve decided to add a DSP to the AUX input of my cars radio.
I have a 2012 Nissan NV200 with a Bosch-made Nissan Connect radio. That radio has a combined 8-pin plug for USB and Aux.
On the internet you can find various adapters from 8pin to RCA+USB, however those all have the wrong gender. They’re made to connect a radio with generic Inputs to a Nissan wiring-harness. However, I needed a adapter to connect an Nissan/Bosch radio to a generic wiring-harness.
- 1x https://www.mouser.ch/ProductDetail/798-GT17SA8DSHU
- 1x https://www.mouser.ch/ProductDetail/798-GT17-8DS-2C
- 1x https://www.mouser.ch/ProductDetail/798-GT17S8DS7CF
- 1x https://www.mouser.ch/ProductDetail/798-GT17S8DSSC
- 1x https://www.mouser.ch/ProductDetail/798-GT17S8DSR
- 10x https://www.mouser.ch/ProductDetail/798-GT17-30SCF
I recommend ordering spares.
To build the Adapter, I used a old insert-cable from Thomann and a USB-extension cable I had laying around.
The pinout can be deduced from the Hirose to 3.5+USB adapter found between the seats.
- 1 USB GND Black
- 2 USB – White
- 3 USB + Green
- 4 USB VCC Red
- 5 Left Hot (+)
- 6 Right Hot (+)
- 7 SUM Cold (Audio GND )
- 8 Shield (USB)
Because I had broken said adapter a while back, I decided to not use the built-in USB plug. However, you of course could just build a T-shaped adapter. See the GT17 datasheet for the parts you’d need.